Pocatello SEO & Digital Marketing
Are you a business owner in Pocatello, Idaho? If so, are you actively marketing your business and services to grow brand awareness, website traffic, and revenue?
Most modern businesses own a website and/or portfolio of related digital assets. If your company hasn’t optimized or isn’t currently optimizing the site for Google, you're likely leaving a lot of business/money on the table.
While your company may not be engaged in search engine optimization (SEO) or digital marketing services, your competitors almost certainly are. And if they are, they're going to beat you for the top entries on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs), thus receiving the majority of query traffic, new customers, and sales that come through organic searches. It's that simple.
Need to Grow Brand Awareness, Site Traffic, & Annual Revenue? PPC vs SEO
There are essentially two primary digital marketing methods for driving traffic to a website. You can either buy traffic/leads with pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, also known as search engine marketing or SEM, or your business can pursue traffic/leads organically with SEO.
PPC marketing refers to digital advertising that leverages pay-per-click platforms such as Google Ads or AdRoll. These platforms charge per click or lead as web users interact with the ads. Great for quick, direct results, but PPC can become a spendy endeavor over time. As such, it’s worth investing in organic marketing to see if you can’t draw qualified, prospective customers without the need to pay for every interaction.
In contrast, SEO marketing takes longer (sometimes much longer) than PPC/SEM to achieve results. However, it's the most cost-effective form of internet marketing because you don’t have to pay every time someone clicks one of your website entries in the organic SERPs once you’re in the top rankings.
We tend to experience the greatest results managing PPC accounts until organic rankings reach a performant level, but these services do not have to be run concurrently.
Do I Need to Optimize My Website for My Pocatello Business?
Time for everyone’s favorite answer - it depends.
SEO marketing is fantastic, but not appropriate for all prospective clients we consult with. There are websites that are simply too new to compete in competitive niches, industry niches that lack a usable volume of performant keywords (KW) for targeting, and niches that lack competition at a level that would necessitate ongoing SEO management. Of course, there are other reasons a website might not be a good candidate for ongoing SEO, but it’s worth contacting an SEO specialist for an audit and evaluation to see if that’s the case.
If SEO services are appropriate for your website/digital assets, yes, you will either have to optimize your website & digital properties yourself, or pay a professional to do it for you. The good news, though, is once high Google Rankings have been achieved, prospective customers and leads will increase appreciably and focus shifts to maintaining the rankings that are winning your site organic traffic. In contrast, PPC suffers an instant cessation in traffic/performance once payment stops.
Can I SEO My Own Website?
You might consider optimizing your website on your own, but be forewarned, it will require a great deal of website development, keyword research, on-page optimization, off-site optimization, and technical know-how to succeed.
SEO Idaho™ wins for our clients using a proprietary software stack, a salaried full-stack development team, and in-house SEO/PPC/SEM specialists to meet the evolving demands of Google. To truly dominate organic rankings, such a holistic approach needs to be leveraged, and very few businesses have the experience, man-hours, or know-how on staff to truly optimize a site to beat out competitors.
How much expertise and dedication do you need to beat your competitors for organic rankings? To give you an idea, SEO Idaho™ leverages the full power of a complete marketing team to win for our clients - a team that has a breadth of digital marketing & website development knowledge, and years upon years of SEO experience.
Even with such an experienced and adept team, SEO can be a slog. In all but the rarest of cases, it’s unrealistic to expect novice-level optimization attempts to compete against optimization implemented by professional SEO specialists. Better to save time and frustration, and ensure you achieve performant results, by working with an established SEO firm.
Why Do I Need Professional Services to Rank on Google?
Search engine optimization is a highly technical field that is ever-evolving. How so? Read on…
- Google Algorithm Updates - Google has a complex system (algorithm) for ranking web pages in their SERPs. Optimzing for the algorithm to achieve high organic rankings is part strategy, a whole lot of technical legwork, and, with over 10 years of winning-SEO experience, we’ve come to believe there’s an art to performant search engine optimization too. Google frequently implements minor algorithm updates that impact specific industries or niches, and they also drop multiple core algorithm updates a year that significantly impact rankings across Google’s search engine results pages.
By optimizing holistically for technical, on-page, and off-site SEO using our proprietary software stack, we’ve identified tools and built a process that allows us to win big for clients. It took years of innovation, trial & error, and perseverance to find the best means to win for our clients, and that’s experience and expertise that we can leverage to win big for your business. Still considering going it alone; consider the following:
- Domain Age - domain age isn’t a ranking factor, but it certainly impacts the time it takes to achieve performant rankings and the ability of your web pages to rank highly. Domain age is used by Google when determining how trustworthy your website is. Less trustworthy (i.e. newer) sites tend to struggle with being seen as authoritative or trustable by Google early on, and this makes a lot of sense. A significant number of new websites and Google Business Profiles are created for new-entry businesses into Google every day. Domain age helps Google parse through businesses on the internet, identifying those that have staying power and those that have yet to prove they will not fail within the next year or two. If your domain is aged less than 5 years, do you know what strategy should be used?
Another factor(s) that impacts organic rankings, negatively or positively, is the health and performance of your website. If your website is old, slow, encounters frequent technical errors, is not secure, and/or not user-friendly, achieving top organic rankings will be near-impossible even in the least competitive of industries.
- Website Performance - it’s not possible to list the entirety of technical issues a website might have to address in order to win either PPC or organic traffic/leads, but the following items are routinely performed on behalf of clients in order to keep their sites within Google’s standards:
- Site speed optimization (extremely important & rarely done during dev), including meeting Google’s new core web vital speed criteria
- 4XX redirects
- Backlink Reconciliation & Disavow Files
- Sitemap.xml Updates
- SSL installation (extremely important)
- Domain-level redirects
- Web page URL edits & redirects
- Appropriate site indexing (extremely important)
- Correction of coverage, indexing, mobile usability, and schema issues as flagged by Google Search Console
- Site down issues
The above is not an exhaustive list of technical site corrections performed by our dev team by any means, and more so represents items commonly addressed during routine monthly re-optimization. If your website build (not domain, but the site itself) is over three years old, fails to load in 3s, doesn’t have SSL installed, and is barely usable on mobile devices, Page 1 of Google’s SERPs is likely a pipe-dream. Without the dev or technical know-how to correct these items and more, self-optimization of your website is not likely to be fruitful.
SEO Idaho™ is a professional digital marketing agency specializing in all forms of internet marketing, including SEO, PPC/SEM, and social media marketing (SMM). As mentioned above we also design and build marketing-focused, award-winning websites (“Best Web Design Company”, Idaho Business Review, 2021 & 2022). If you’re considering digital marketing for your Pocatello business, contact the experienced team at SEO Idaho™ for a free consultation to see what services are right for you.
Located in beautiful Boise Idaho, we are happy to hop on a video meeting, discuss via email or phone call, message, or even text. We look forward to speaking with you.